Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The squeaky wheel

I spent a lot of Sunday day doing everything but filling out the paperwork for my wage claim. I made myself do it, finally, and took all the documentation to work with me on Monday so I could file the claim at local Claims office. That was Monday a.m. Around mid-morning, my supervisor (who I had complained to for an hour the previous week) i.m.'d me that my payments had gone through. Our i.m. conversation was still going on while I checked my bank account and voila! I was $3000 richer.

The dogs -- withhold payment until you're threatened with legal action.

My supervisor also told me that they're keeping me on the "0" payment plan which means my payroll goes through immediately. That's nice. In the end, all I wanted was to get paid. I was thiiiiiis close to calling the State in on it but I that was threat enough to see some action. So when something is not right with your employers, do your homework and threaten to blow the whistle on them. If no action is taken, do it.

I'm going to pass my story along to my fellow temps. They need to know they can negotiate their way out of it as well.

No comments: