Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ouch!

Backs sure are important. They are taken for granted until something goes terribly wrong, which is what happened to me this past Saturday.

After a morning yoga class, some cleaning, and washing my car, I reached down to throw something away and was thrown to the floor by a shooting pain in my back. I was down for the count. Couldn't stand or move that much. Spent the rest of the day on the coach but even that was painful because I couldn't turn or move on my own.

I was so immobile that when my cousin Felipe came over to show himself before he went to the prom, I couldn't even peek out the window to see him. Poor guy had to come inside where I was. (He looked sharp, but I don't know how he's going to feel about that white pinstriped tux in 20 years).

All my social plans were out the window so Chris came over to watch a movie ("All About Eve")with me. Thank goodness for that because he was able to lift me and then hold me from behind so I could get around the house.

I made some progress the next day but was still a hunchback. Called in sick Monday because the spasms were still happening.

I went into work today. No one noticed my condition until I walked. Though I feel straight, my entire upper torso is leaning to the right. I wouldn't have even noticed it if I hadn't glanced at myself in the full length bathroom mirror. Frightening.

I am hoping to straighten out these next few days. Don't know when I'll be back in yoga or on the treadmill. I will take is slowly 'cause I don't want to aggravate the condition. Just when I was doing sit-ups regularly too! I guess my flat tummy will have to wait until 1020.

No comments: