Monday, February 9, 2009

Pain, pain go away

Today, Monday, was spent either in bed or moaning elsewhere. See, I had a headache that started yesterday, got really bad during the night, and laid me out all day today. I wanted to do so much today but could not. Head hurt too bad to read, to watch TV, to do much of anything.

The headache followed a typical M.O. It came on after I had exercised and had a couple of beers. This leads me to think dehydration is part of the problem. Thing is, I drank lots of water after working out and only had two beers. Is that what did it? Must I leave afternoon drinking in my past?

I got so desperate, as my pain medication is all but gone, that I called the Valley's version of Dr. Feelgood. Apparantely, Dr. Marc Abrahams is liberal with the prescriptions. But, you have to show up at his office after 6 and wait for hours to be seen. He doesn't take uninsured patients either, so there goes my office visit. Looks like I'll get the free clinic experience firsthand from here on out.

No comments: