Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Urgent: Molotov

My most favorite, raging Mexican band Molotov is coming to town and I am torn. Should I pay an outrageous $45 for a ticket through Ticketmaster? Or should I take my chances on a $32 ticket at the door? What if they sell out??!!!

Another way in would be to write a concert review. I am contacting and/or pitching everyone I know, but the question is: should I wait and see if I can work the event, or should I buck up and pay for the peace of mind of knowing that my ticket is in hand? (I am pretty good at picking up last-minute tickets through Craigslist or at the venue the night of the show, so those are other options.)

I have seen no publicity for this tour except for an ad in the LA Weekly. I can't believe it! Followers of my previous blog will know that Molotov blew my mind when I saw them live in Guadalajara in May. I expect this show will sell out, as they don't come to L.A. very often. They're going a whole U.S. tour too! New York, Atlanta, D.C., New Orleans, Nashville -- all the big music towns.

I encourage everyone to see Molotov live! They rock the "f" out.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I say wait and try to work the event. If all else fails I'm sure you can get last minute tickets.